GDPR DATA Privacy notice for websites
This is privacy notice of Rowena Wilson.
I respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how I look after your personal data when you visit my website (regardless of where you visit it from). I’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you.
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you make an enquiry about one of my services.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when I am collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why I am using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Rowena Wilson is the controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as Rowena Wilson, “I”, “me” or “my” in this privacy notice). My contact details are 19 Carters Lane, Tiddington, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 7AP UK (+44 7910 168577).
Third-party links outside of my control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
1. THE PERSONAL DATA I COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, business name.
- Contact Data includes home/business address, email address, telephone number.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract I have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract I have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with a service). In this case, I may have to cancel a service you have with me but I will try to notify you if this is the case at the time.
2. HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly. You may give me your name and contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you make an enquiry about one of my services.
3. HOW I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of my business in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best service and the most secure experience. I make sure I consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before I process your personal data for my legitimate interests. I do not use your personal data for activities where my interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless I have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that I am subject to.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH I WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases I rely on to do so.
Note that I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which I am using your data. Please contact me if you need details about the specific legal ground I am relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To provide you with a quotation or my terms of business||
||Performance of a contract with you|
|To answer a specific query||
||Performance of a contract with you|
5. WHO I SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- External Third Parties Service –
- Providers who provide IT and system administrations services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with My instructions.
6. DATA SECURITY
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
7. DATA RETENTION
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that I provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of my contract with you or where I process your data by automated means;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact me.
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
9. Changes to this notice and your duty to inform ME of changes
This policy was last updated on : 3 December 2018.
Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
10. Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and me, please in the first instance contact me.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/